Approach to Luminous Watercolors:
June 13-16th 2017
Restricted Registration - will open Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 10 am for BWS members
May 14th for Non-members.
Not member? Consider becoming an Associate
The Baltimore Watercolor Society is excited to feature watercolor artist Frank Eber, NWS, in a four-day watercolor workshop where he will introduce BWS watercolorists to his approach to interpreting luminous Watercolors. The workshop will begin Tuesday, June 13, 2017 and continue through Friday, June 16, 2016 at the Hawthorn Center in Columbia, MD.
Bring your painting skill to a higher level!
Learn how to paint luminous watercolors by manipulating tonal values, color and edge. In this class, Frank will share advanced painting techniques to create atmosphere, balance and unity in your work. Topics will include design and composition, color and lighting, positives and negatives, simplification of shape, and atmospheric effects. The techniques you will learn in Frank’s workshop transcend the watercolor medium, as they are applicable to oils, acrylics, tempera, pastels, etc.
Separate yourself from the watercolor crowd and experience firsthand why his courses are so popular! Small class settings only. Please sign up early!
A painter's painter, Frank Eber works in a direct, loose style influenced by the Old World masters. Typical in his art are color mixes and light that evoke nostalgia while remaining absolutely in the present. Frank's watercolor workshops reach beyond technique, encouraging individual expression and observing the elusive balance of forces that create beauty in painting.
All levels are welcome but students should have an understanding of the watercolor medium. He stresses a solid foundation in the basics, “…so that our focus is on creating timeless art. An emotional link is necessary in our work, as well as the connection to the vibrancy of everything we paint.”
A supplies list and instructions for preparing for this workshop will be sent to those registering about one month in advance of the workshop.
ABOUT Frank Eber
Frank Eber (Contemporary) AWS, NWS, TWSA, WW. Frank is an award-winning watercolor artist and Signature member of the American Watercolor Society (AWS), the National Watercolor Society (NWS),
Transparent Watercolor Society of America (TWSA) and Watercolor West (WW). He is a juried Artist member of the prestigious California Art Club. Frank conducts workshops and demonstrations locally and at the national and international level.
Frank grew up in Europe and was mentored by Italian master painter Renato Casaro in 1994 and 95. In the ’80s and ’90s Frank worked as a professional illustrator for video cover sleeves and as a portrait artist by commission. Primarily a plein air painter, his love of travel has given him prime opportunities to paint: he lived for three years in the south of France, and has painted on location in Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, the Czech Republic and Germany.
- The price for the workshop is $450 for BWS members (Signature Artists and Associates) and $525 for non-BWS members.
- The class size is limited to 22 people, and the workshop cannot be split with another person.
- Please pay online via PayPal if possible. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
- The program will take place at "The Hawthorn Center" in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. The address is: 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online sign-up. Checks must be received within 7 days of registration to be considered as registered.
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION ON REGISTERING FOR MULTIPLE WORKSHOPS
Because of high demand for workshops and to better serve the entire BWS membership body, the BWS board features three RESTRICTED four-day workshops each year. Members may register for only one RESTRICTED workshop each calendar year
held during 2017
(Note from Sabine Yeager: Although the BWS website will not prevent you from registering, it will be monitored.
This workshop with Frank Eber is a "restricted" workshop, meaning that if you register for this workshop you will not be able to also register for either the E.B. Lewis or Michael Reardon workshops.
Registrations are manually monitored, and you will be cancelled from any second or third workshop you register for. You are welcome to send me an email after registrations open on February 4th to request being added to the waiting list. Priority will be given to members who have not attended another restricted workshop.)
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION VISIT:
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- BWS maintains a workshop waiting list for BWS members for workshops which are filled or restricted. When openings occur, BWS fills the openings from the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. (Priority is given to members who have not registered for any of the other restricted workshops during the year.)
- BWS adds names to the waiting list according to the date and time the BWS Workshop Chair receives the email request.
- You can join the waiting list if a workshop is filled.
- You can also join the waiting list beginning on February 4th if you registered for one of the other restricted workshops but would like to attend an additional workshop if space is available.
- You can't join a waiting list before registration opens.
- Email Sabine Yeager: email@example.com to join a workshop waiting list.
- Paid registrants who cancel on or before May 13, 2017 will receive a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee if the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If the spot cannot be filled, the amount refundable is 80% of the workshop price.
- Paid registrants who cancel after May 13, 2017 will receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee if the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If the spot cannot be filled, no refund will be given.
- In the event of inclement weather, the workshop will still be held unless the Hawthorn Center is unable to open or the workshop artist is unable to travel. If BWS cancels the workshop, then all paid registrants will receive a full pro-rata refund for those days that were cancelled.
- Check this website for changes, updates and new information.
- Questions and requests to be added to the waiting list can be directed to Sabine Yeager (BWS Workshop Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hawthorn Center is located in the community of Hickory Ridge in Columbia, Maryland:
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044-5623
Tel: (410) 730-7327
Doors open at Hawthorn Center: 9:30 AM
Workshop instruction begins: 10:00 AM
One-hour break for lunch
Workshop instruction ends: 4:30 PM
Hawthorn Center closes and doors are locked promptly at 5:00 PM
Mail check to:
3420 Buttonwood Ct.
Reisterstown, MD. 21136