Registration open Feb. 5th
E. B. Lewis
Wednesday, April 26 2017
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
Registrations for this event are open now for BWS members and guests.
- Date: April 26 (Wednesday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 pm)
- Price: $25 for all BWS Signature- and Associate Members
- $30 for Guests and Non-Members
- Non-Members registration: March 25
Not a member? Consider becoming an Associate
We are pleased to announce a special presentation for the Baltimore Watercolor Society on the evening of Wednesday, April 26 2017 with E.B. Lewis, a notable illustrator and watercolorist.
He will be interpreting watercolor painting principles and illustration techniques and answer questions from those attending.
E.B. Lewis has illustrated more than fifty books for children, including
Nikki grimes "Talkin' About Bessie"; The Story of Aviator Elizabeth Coleman
the 2003 Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award Winner;
Alice Schertle "Down the Road", an ALA Notable Book
Tololwa M Mollel "My Rows and Piles of Coins", an ALA Notable Book
Coretta Scott King Honor Book; "Bat Boy and His Violin" by Garvin Curtis
Jacqueline Woodson's "The Other Side", a 2002 Notable Book for the Language Arts.
Under the tutelage of Clarence Wood, a noted painter in Philadelphia, Lewis began his formal art training. He remained in the program until his enrollment in the Temple University Tyler School of Art in 1975.
During his four years at Temple, Lewis majored in graphic design and illustration, along with art education. There he discovered his medium of preference, watercolor.
- no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online via PayPal if possible. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below.
- For online registration, visit https://bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 60 people.
- The program will take place at The Hawthorn Center in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD.
- The address is: 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online sign-up.
- Checks must be received within 7 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Mail checks to: 3420 Buttonwood Ct.
Reisterstown, MD 21136