'Capturing the Light'
Approach to Luminous Watercolors:
May 15-18 2018
Registration - will open Saturday,
February 10, 2018 at 10 am for BWS Members
April 14th for Non-members.
Not member? Consider becoming an Associate
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION VISIT:
Due to the high demand for workshops, all registrations have to be paid within 5 days of registering. No exceptions please.
The Baltimore Watercolor Society is excited to feature watercolor artist Lynn Ferris, in a four-day watercolor workshop where she will introduce BWS watercolorists to her approach to interpreting luminous Watercolors. The workshop will begin Tuesday, May 15, 2018 and continue through Friday, May 18, 2018 at the Hawthorn Center in Columbia, MD.
“Capturing the Light” watercolor workshop with Lynn Ferris, AWS, NWS, FWS
Look for Lynn’s latest articles in the April 2017 issue of “The Artist’s Magazine”and the August 2017 issue of “Watercolor Artist”.
Good use of light and shadow can change a painting from ordinary to extraordinary. Using a limited palette of mainly transparent paints, students will learn to design with light, recognize light sources and the shadows they create, add drama and luminosity. Lynn provides handouts, reference materials, and lots of personal attention.
View Art by Lynn Ferris
SUPPLIES LIST AND PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
A supplies list and instructions for preparing for this workshop will be sent to those registering about one month in advance of the workshop.
ABOUT Lynn Ferris
Lynn Ferris is a signature member of the American Watercolor Society, National Watercolor Society, and Florida Watercolor Society. Her work was the subject of a feature article in Watercolor magazine, can be seen in Watercolor Magic and the prestigious Splash series of books published by North Light. Her numerous awards include “Best of Show” in both the Florida Watercolor Society and Tallahassee Watercolor Society annual exhibits. She has been an award winner in The Artist’s Magazine All-Media Competition, and her work is included in the permanent collection of the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach.
- The price for the workshop is $400 for BWS members (Signature Artists and Associates) and $475 for non-BWS members.
- The class size is limited to 20 people, and the workshop cannot be split with another person.
- Please pay online via PayPal if possible; PayPal allows the use of your Credit Cards whether or not you have a PayPal account. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below. Please enter the name of the program on your check.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
- The program will take place at "The Hawthorn Center" in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. The address is: 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online sign-up. Checks must be received within 5 days of registration to be considered as registered.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- BWS maintains a workshop waiting list. When openings occur, BWS fills the openings from the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You can join the waiting list if a workshop is filled.
- You can't join a waiting list before registration opens.
- Paid registrants who cancel on or before April 15, 2017 will receive a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee if the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If the spot cannot be filled, the amount refundable is 80% of the workshop price.
- Paid registrants who cancel after April 15, 2018 will receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee if the spot can be filled from the waiting list. If the spot cannot be filled, no refund will be given.
- In the event of inclement weather, the workshop will still be held unless the Hawthorn Center is unable to open or the workshop artist is unable to travel. If BWS cancels the workshop, then all paid registrants will receive a full pro-rata refund for those days that were cancelled.
- Check this website for changes, updates and new information.
- Questions can be directed to Sabine Yeager (BWS Workshop Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hawthorn Center is located in the community of Hickory Ridge in Columbia, Maryland:
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044-5623
Tel: (410) 730-7327
Doors open at Hawthorn Center: 9:30 AM
Workshop instruction begins: 10:00 AM
One-hour break for lunch
Workshop instruction ends: 4:30 PM
Hawthorn Center closes and doors are locked promptly at 5:00 PM
Please pay online via PayPal if possible; PayPal allows the use of your Credit Cards whether or not you have a PayPal account. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below. Please enter the name of the program on your check.
3420 Buttonwood Ct.
Reisterstown, MD. 21136