'Capturing the Light'
Wednesday,May 16th 2018
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
BWS members: Saturday, March 17th 2018 at 10 am
Non-members: Monday, April 16th 2018 at 10 am
Not member? Consider becoming an Associate
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION VISIT:
www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
Due to the high demand for workshops, all registrations have to be paid within 5 days of registering. No exceptions please.
The Baltimore Watercolor Society is excited to feature watercolor artist Lynn Ferris, AWS, NWS, FWS for an evening watercolor program where she will introduce her approach to interpreting luminous Watercolors “Capturing the Light” on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at the Hawthorn Center in Columbia, MD.
Good use of light and shadow can change a painting from ordinary to extraordinary. Using a limited palette of mainly transparent paints, students will learn to design with light, recognize light sources and the shadows they create, add drama and luminosity.
Look for Lynn’s latest articles in the April 2017 issue of “The Artist’s Magazine”and the August 2017 issue of “Watercolor Artist”.
ABOUT Lynn Ferris
Lynn Ferris is a signature member of the American Watercolor Society, National Watercolor Society, and Florida Watercolor Society. Her work was the subject of a feature article in Watercolor magazine, can be seen in Watercolor Magic and the prestigious Splash series of books published by North Light. Her numerous awards include “Best of Show” in both the Florida Watercolor Society and Tallahassee Watercolor Society annual exhibits. She has been an award winner in The Artist’s Magazine All-Media Competition, and her work is included in the permanent collection of the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach.
For more information about Lynn, visit her website
View Art by Lynn Ferris
Lynn Ferris Watercolors Facebook
Lynn Ferris Watercolors
ArtVoice: Lynn Ferris
Registrations for this event is for BWS members, guests and the public
- Date:May 16 (Wednesday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 pm)
- Price: $25 for all BWS members (including associates) $30 for guests and the public; no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online via PayPal if possible; PayPal allows the use of your Credit Cards whether or not you have a PayPal account. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below. Please enter the name of the program on your check.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org
and go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 50 people.
- The program will take place at "The Hawthorn Center" in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. The address is: 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online payment.
- Checks must be received within 5 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Mail checks to: 3420 Buttonwood Ct.
Reisterstown, MD 21136