An Evening Demo
Kathleen Giles, AWS, NWS
"Create Dynamic Values"
June 9th, 2022
Registration has been extended to 6-7
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
BWS Members & their Guests: April 9th, 2022.....10:00 a.m.
Non-members: April 23rd 2022.........................10:00 a.m.
Not a Member? Consider becoming an Associate
$25 for all BWS members
$30 for guests and public
Remember that these popular events sell out fast
Registration ends June 2nd 2022, or when the event is full
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION VISIT:
www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
Due to the high demand for workshops and Evening Programs, all registrations have to be paid within 5 days of registering. No exceptions please.
The Baltimore Watercolor Society is excited to feature internationally respected watercolor artist Kathleen Giles for an evening program on Thursday, June 9th at the Hawthorn Center in Columbia, MD.
Date: June 9th, 2022 (Thursday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 m)
- Price: $25 for all BWS members and $30 for guests and public; no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online if possible with your Credit Cards. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below. Please enter the name of the program on your check.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 50 people.
- The program will take place at The Hawthorn Center in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online payment. Checks must be received within 5 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Kathleen is an award winning artist whose primary discipline is watercolor. She is a signature member of the American Watercolor Society, the National Watercolor Society, the Transparent Watercolor Society, American Women Artists, the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society and Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society. The artist is a member of the Watercolor USA Honor Society and the International Guild of Realism.
Kathleen has had multiple articles published in art magazines and Watercolor Artist Magazine listed her work in their Best of Watercolor in 2021. The painting “Perfect Peony” won the grand prize in the International Artist Magazine 2021. Her work was featured in a four page article in American Art Collector Magazine in December of 2021. Her realistic and sensitive portrayal of everyday life has won her many awards. The artist’s work has won the first place purchase award in the National Watercolor Society show twice in the last three years. Her painting “Life is Fragile” was a finalist in the ARC Salon 15th International Exhibition. Kathleen was a demonstrator in the 2nd Annual Watercolor Live in January, 2022. The artist teaches online, sells pre-recorded videos and gives workshops in other parts of the country.
“I am drawn to subjects that are filled with color and dramatic lighting. They can be beautiful but often have an underlying story. My work captures a moment in time. I draw the viewer into my visual narrative by using recognizable details to create an emotional response. For me, realism is the best way to do that.”
Kathleen maintains a studio and gallery in her home in Gasport, N.Y. and is a member of Pittsford Fine Arts Gallery in Pittsford, New York.
If you are sending a check, please mail it to the address below and reference Kathleen Giles.
Sabine Yeager, Workshops Chair
Mail checks to:
11315 Maplewood Dr.
Ridgely, MD 21660